Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MY FIRST CD WRITING EXPERIENCE



Hey people…!!
How are you all doing…I am in deep agony that my vacations are near end. Well I want to share my one interesting experience during holidays.

From somewhere I was given a task of making a html project on Indian Tourism. Well I had studied html a quite bit in my 9th or 10th class(don’t exactly remember) but no memory of it was left in my mind. Somehow I managed to recall by reading some tutorials online. Well everything was back on track. I have got pictures and data to write already and now I was left only with coding which I completed in another couple of hours. So I bought a cd and decided to finally copy the project in it.

Well it was for the first time that I was writing a cd. So I didn’t know that directly copying the file will not work. So I just copy and pasted the file in the cd and when I opened in the cd it worked properly. So I deleted the file from original location. Now when I again opened the file to give it a final look it didn’t opened. The cd was showing zero free space and zero used space [:O]. I wondered what has happened to it. But I remembered that I had deleted the file so the very next thing I did was to restore it from the recycle bin before it gets completely deleted and would leave me nowhere. After restoring I again decided to try it once more and yes this time it worked. Aahh what the fuck… I was overwhelmed by confusion more than some pleasure that it worked this time.

So finally I decided to try this out on my di’s lapy. There it again showed that fucked up problem - zero used and zero free space. My di told than asked me how I burned the cd. Burned??? Ooooo…. What’s that?? I told her I just had copied it in the cd. Then she cleared the confusion that cd cannot be used the way you use pen-drive. If you try to just copy in it than the shortcut will be copied. Than I guessed the reason why the cd was not working when I had deleted the file from the original location. Well some confusion was over and the next task how to burn a cd?? Di told me that cd could be burned by using nero software. Well it was already installed in mah lapy but the vista doesn’t support this software. So my di did this on her lapy(windows xp rokzz [:P]). But that was readable cd so couldn’t be reused(ohh..I didn’t knew this either [:(]). So I bought another RW and R cd from the market and first decided to try it on RW cd and if everything goes fine than in R cd.

So after changing a few paths(as links and images are dependent on system in html) my project was over and so my cd was ready. Well that project taught me nothing but yeah via. It I learned how to write a cd. Thnks to those who gave me this work to do (though in the starting I was abusing them what the fuck these shirkers gave me). Learning from the life experience is the real learning [:)] and so I am a little more intelligent and knowledgeable than yesterday…. isn’t it????


2 comments: